Company: Feed My Starving Children
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Combine your skills and experience with your passion for
changing lives!For over 30 years, Feed My Starving Children (FMSC)
has been working to combat hunger worldwide. Time and time again,
our passionate team has put FMSC on the Star Tribune's Top
Workplace list.As a part-time -Program Facilitator you will
facilitate an exceptional volunteer experience while furthering our
mission of feeding God's starving children hungry in body and
spirit. Must be available -for one evening shift during the week,
-and every other Saturday. -This position is based out of our Mesa,
AZ -location.Why you should apply:
- For starters, we're a fast-growing organization with a high
level of ethics and integrity - we've been rated 4 out of 4 stars
on Charity Navigator for the past 16 years!
- We're focused on meaningful work. Use your skills to truly make
- Work alongside compassionate, talented co-workers and have fun
along the way. We're known for having great potlucks, delicious
treats, celebrating holidays and birthdays, and finding
opportunities to spend time in fellowship.
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance. We care about your
- include paid time off (PTO), 401(k) with employer match, and
- We pay competitively with other non-profits. As a new hire
you'd make $16.80/hr.The Day-to-Day:
- Program Facilitators provide a top-notch volunteer experience.
You'll build rapport, answer questions, give large group
presentations, share the impact they are making, and show genuine
appreciation. We love our volunteers!
- Orchestrate packing session activities. We'll count on you to
ensure that everything runs smoothly from time management to the
flow of people and materials to staying on track with meal
- Lead an improvised Christian prayer over the packed meals after
each session, inviting volunteers to join in if they'd like, as
prayer is an essential part of what we do.
- Perform warehousing tasks. You'll lift and palletize heavy
boxes, and move inventory using a pallet jack (don't worry, we'll
provide training).Does this sound like you?
- An interest in supporting, promoting and authentically
communicating FMSC's Christian mission and goals.
- Provides top-notch customer service and has a willingness to go
above and beyond to meet the needs of our volunteers.
- Program Facilitators thrive -in a team setting: You're
-flexible and have a tendency to pitch in and fill in the gaps
without being asked.
- Possesses a knack for public speaking in a variety of styles
(i.e. educating, storytelling, persuading and instructing).
Comfortable speaking in front of various sized groups.
- Proven ability to exert yourself physically for a 4-8 hour
shift, walk and stand in intervals up to 4+ hours, ability to push,
pull, bend, twist, lift 30-50 lbs. repeatedly and use hand tools,
like utility knives.
- A desire to maintain a clean and food-safe facility by doing
laundry and cleaning floors, dishes and bathrooms throughout the
- Fueled by working with large groups -in a fast-paced setting.
You have -high -energy and the stamina to keep up with group after
group of our amazing volunteers!FMSC is an equal opportunity
employer, and we consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age,
disability, pregnancy, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual
orientation, military or veteran status, public assistance status,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more about
diversity, equity, and inclusion at FMSC - fmsc.org/values. Powered
Keywords: Feed My Starving Children, Mesa , Program Facilitator, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!