Scrap Crane Operator - Magnet 1
Posted on: January 27, 2023
it's what's inside that counts _______________________________
There's more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings,
structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it's the people inside
our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices
that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from
finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by
offering: * Competitive compensation
* Advancement opportunities
* Paid time off
* Low-cost medical, dental, vision
* Company-paid life and disability
* Company matching 401(k) plan
* Employee stock purchase plan Why This Job CMC provides an
excellent opportunity to learn the steel industry and grow in your
career. Whether you will spend your day in an office cubicle,
operating a crane or running the melt shop at one of our mills, at
CMC, you'll get the training and support from your team that you
need to excel in your role and reach your full potential. What
You'll Do * Assist maintenance personnel when requested/needed.
* Participate in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively uphold the
CMC Safety Culture.
* Eectively communicate with others about possible production
issues, concerns, and needs.
* Ensure equipment inspection reports are lled out each shift.
* Perform minor/routine maintenance or repairs as needed without
the assistance of maintenance personnel.
* Responsible for continuous improvement such as suggesting
improvements in work methods and procedures.
* Responsible for daily housekeeping duties including but not
limited to immediate work area.
* Troubleshoot work related problems using job knowledge,
experience, and by communicating with others
* Understand start up, shutdown, and emergency procedures.
* Understand job responsibilities and functions for Scrap Crane
* Unload scrap from rail cars. What You'll Need * Ability to work
as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with excellent strong
work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills
* Ability to work with exposure to extremes in temperature,
chemical, dust fumes and mists, uneven surfaces, loud noise,
elevated work areas, and confined spaces
* Basic computer skills
* Dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to
meet business needs
* Must be able to learn quickly and multitask
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
* Some overtime will be required
* Work on a rotating shift which may include weekends and holidays
Your Education * High School Diploma or GED required We are
Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel
that's already part of your life. Our steel products have been
supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years.
And the secret to our success? We've built our legacy by assembling
a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most
challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years - but
we're just getting started. If you're ready to reimagine ways to
make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and
roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you're
ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career - and
our world - forward. CMC is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or
mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, genetic information, or other status protected by
federal, state or local law. Current Employee? Click here to apply.
Current Employees Apply Click here to apply. Nearest Major Market:
Keywords: CMC, Mesa , Scrap Crane Operator - Magnet 1, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!