RS Sheetmetal Tech II - Mesa, AZ - $5k Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Available
Company: Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
Posted on: November 19, 2023
RS Sheetmetal Tech II - Mesa, AZ - $5k Sign-On Bonus and
Relocation Available -in -GAC Mesa
mid-cabin and large cabin experience preferred. Prior experience in
service center repair environment preffered. -
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. 2 years experience of
sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience. Valid Driver's License
Position Purpose:The Sheetmetal Technician II works under general
supervision to safely layout, fabricate and install parts,
equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established
operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance
with company design specifications, quality standards and completed
work should meet customer expectations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
- Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and
installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft
under general supervision. Coordinate with supervision and
Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork,
sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard
operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and
- Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and
configurations according to blueprint specifications or
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses,
riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with
sheet-metal functions. Use the proper hardware for various
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use
personal protective equipment as required. Ensure aircraft interior
is protected (PTP).
- Assist in monthly 5S audits.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track
squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM
requirements, as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW,
Kaizen events, etc.). .
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment
and returns items to tool room after use. .
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed when
operating ground support equipment. .
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic
fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. .
- Ensure accurate daily job charging to the aircraft. .
- Exchange job related information and coordinate work activities
between shifts through turn over report meetings and direct contact
with leadership. .
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- A working knowledge of sheet-metal installation and fabrication
processes (measuring, cutting, bending, forming, and drilling of
aluminum sheet stock, angle and honeycomb) is required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering
- Valid drivers license required. to operate towing and other
Gulfstream transportation equipment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal
installation and fabrication work.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted
areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience
working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
Requisition Number: 211484
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 12/31/2023 -
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this
position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream
-Legal Information - Site Utilities - Contacts - Sitemap
Copyright - 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights
Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of
General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures,
markets, services and supports the world's most
technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Keywords: Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, Mesa , RS Sheetmetal Tech II - Mesa, AZ - $5k Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Available, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!