Information Security Analyst
Company: Verra Mobility
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Who we are---Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart
mobility. We develop technology-enabled solutions that help the
world move safely and easily. We are fostering the development of
safe cities, working with police departments and municipalities to
install over 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety
cameras across North America. We are also creating smart roadways,
serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car
companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for over
8.5 million vehicles. And we are a leading provider of connected
systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each year
across 50+ individual tolling authorities. Position Overview:The
Information Security Analyst is an important member of the
Information Security team and will support the Verra Mobility
information security program by continuously monitoring the
enterprise for suspicious or malicious activity. The security
analyst is the information security team's first responder,
responsible for investigating security offenses raised by the
security information and event management platform and performing
routine care and feeding of information security tools, agents and
infrastructure. Additionally, the security analyst will evaluate
and improve existing security related processes and procedures,
respond to security incidents as outlined in the company's security
incident response plan, provide security related guidance to the
enterprise and contribute to risk based analysis of trending and
emerging threats. Essential Responsibilities:
- Monitors log and event output from multiple information
security tools including but not limited to security information
and event management products, firewalls, network and host based
intrusion prevention systems, web content gateways, e-mail security
appliances, threat intel platforms, antivirus products,
vulnerability scanners and user behavior analytics platforms.
- Investigates anomalies and responds according to established
security offense handling procedure.
- Performs routine but critical information security technology
tasks including but not limited to IPS signature review and
testing, firewall rule change requests, antivirus product
exceptions and policy changes, SIEM rule tuning, web proxy
configuration changes, e-mail security investigations, firewall
change request reviews and software approval assessments.
- Participates in security incident response procedures and
- Processes information security policy changes as determined by
information security team leadership.
- Researches trending threats and provides weekly vulnerability
reports with accompanying security tools impact analyses.
- Acts as a technical resource during internal and external audit
engagements and is responsible for gathering security related
technical evidence as required.
- Educates employees in information security best practices.
- Stays abreast of developments in the Information Technology
industry specifically as they relate to Information Security.
- Takes initiative on leading security related projects as
determined by information security team leadership.
- Represents the information security team on cross team
co-operative projects with other shared service organizations as
- A bachelor's in computer science, information technology or a
related program OR a High School Diploma/GED and appropriate on the
job experience in information technology and/or information
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an information security analyst
or 2 years of experience in a technical focused IT role including
but not limited to service desk, server administration, network
administration, or other IT systems support role.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of basic information
security concepts and beginning to intermediate familiarity with
common security technologies such as anti-virus, firewalls, DLP,
web content filters, proxy servers, intrusion prevention systems,
Windows event logging and syslog.
- Experience with using and/or managing a commercial SIEM is a
- Candidates should be familiar with networking fundamentals and
have a basic to intermediate understanding of common network and
application layer protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP and
- Information Security certifications, such as: CISSP, GSEC,
GCED, Security+, etc. are a plus.
- Other entry level IT certifications, such as: Network+, Linux+,
CCENT, etc. are a plus.
- Security analysts will be expected to obtain the GIAC GSEC
certification within 1 year of employment start date. Aligned with
Verra Mobility Values:
- Do What's Right - We're committed to doing the right thing for
each other and for our customers - integrity is our DNA.
- Lead With Grace - We embrace the importance of our colleagues
and customers and always treat them with kindness and grace.
- Own It - We foster a culture of accountability and excellence,
where going the extra mile is standard practice.
- Win Together - We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we
win more when we include others and work together.
Keywords: Verra Mobility, Mesa , Information Security Analyst, Professions , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!