Business Strategy Analyst -Intermediate (Remote)
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a hard-working Business Strategy
Analyst - Intermediate. This person may work from any of our
locations, *REMOTE San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Charlotte, NC,
Colorado Springs, CO, Tampa FL, Phoenix, AZ.
Uses quantitative and qualitative analysis to make connections
between evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA's
strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic
trends for the business unit. Provides insights and
information-based context for key partners in the business unit to
efficiently lead, influence, and impact line of business
strategy.Job RequirementsAbout USAA:USAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Identifies and refines key business assumptions and hypotheses
around line of business strategy factoring in recommendations from
- Supports analysts in developing the analytical framework and
blueprint to answer business questions identified in the business
portfolio, product, or member experience.
- Leverages data-driven problem-solving techniques to manipulate
and interpret business results.
- Assists with translating findings into insights for strategy
management and execution.
- Prepares supporting data and detailed material that helps
communicate the significance of the strategic insights to senior
leaders and other partners.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or
related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition
to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in
lieu of degree.
- 2 years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting,
or functional business experience within the respective industry of
responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, etc.)Preferred Skills:
- Regulatory, internal control, model validation, or project
- Capital Markets experience
- Mortgage accounting experience.
- Proficient with Excel, SAS, Access and/or other database
- Experience with data mining tools such as Python
- SQL experience -The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300 -
$108,600* (this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location).Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.Please click on the link below for
more details.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Mesa , Business Strategy Analyst -Intermediate (Remote), Professions , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!