Company: Commercial Metals Company
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking a Shift Electrician
to help with Maintenance, testing, calibration, and repair of
electric/electronic elements in the Melt Shop and Rolling Mill.
Dupont schedule, rotating 12hr days/nights, average 42 hours per
week, only actually working
14-16 shifts per month.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Test and measure AC/DC utilities.
- Read and understand electrical schematics.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic
- Communicate effectively with appropriate
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and
- Use test equipment, hand tools and personal knowledge to
determine the root cause of issues
- Repair or replace defective and damaged parts
- Assemble, install, test and make adjustments to calibration
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on various forms of
Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years electrical maintenance experience preferred.
- CMMS experience preferable.
- Knowledge of the melting, casting and rolling process and
related equipment preferable
- AC/DC motor troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Electrical controls maintenance and repair
- PLC troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Ability to think logically, analytically and solve
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Stand, walk, bend for extended periods of time.
- Work from heights.
- Vo-Tech High school or High school/GED. College, technical
trade, and/or military training/education required
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability,
national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, or other status protected by federal, state or local
You should be proficient in:
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Keywords: Commercial Metals Company, Mesa , Maintenance Electrician, Professions , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!