Posted on: November 24, 2022
- Responsible for executing, monitoring, and training inventory
best practices and standard operating procedures for the entire
store, including both front end and pharmacy. Supports pharmacy
inventory management activities, including receiving, counting,
ordering, and facilitating returns. Champions On-Shelf Availability
and is responsible for receiving, counting, pricing, returns, and
all in-store inventory processes. Validates and ensures accuracy of
- Responsible for reviewing and coordinating the proper use of
reports and system applications, which have an impact on the
accuracy of front end and pharmacy on-hand balances and
- Responsible for executing and maintaining front end and
pharmacy asset protection techniques, and filing claims for
warehouse and vendor overages (merchandise received, but not
billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not received), order
errors or damaged goods including prescription drugs.
- In designated stores, as required, opens and closes the store
in the absence of store management, including all required systems
start-ups, required cash handling and cashier responsibilities, and
ensuring the floor and stock room are ready for the business
- Engages customers by greeting them and offering assistance with
products and services. In designated stores, when serving as the
leader on duty, resolves customer issues and answers questions to
ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer
experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye
contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g.,
offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until
- Executes and coaches team members on warehouse and vendor
inventory management processes including but not limited to
creating, reviewing, and receiving orders.
- Scans in all deliveries while the vendor is still in the store,
including common carrier deliveries. Focuses on One Box receiving.
Takes the appropriate action marking delivery as received if the
product was physically delivered, contacting vendor for past
undelivered scheduled receipts, and opening tickets as needed to
correct inaccurate orders.
- Under the supervision of the pharmacist-in-charge, verifies all
pharmacy shipments are posted for products physically received at
the store. Completes or verifies postings of all pharmacy warehouse
orders, ABC prescription and OTC orders daily, secondary vendor
orders, flu and dropship orders performing any necessary tote
audits, and accurately reporting any shortages or damaged
- Completes On-Shelf Availability (OSA) end-to-end process
including warehouse and direct store delivery (DSD) for
planogrammed departments, executing disposals, call-ins, and vendor
returns before expiration, completes scan outs/ scan outs returns
on all subscribed departments including vendor/ DSD departments and
pharmacy scan outs.
- Under the supervision of the pharmacist-in-charge,completes
pharmacy inventory activities including but not limited to pharmacy
recalls following Pharmacy Hazardous Waste Policy, vendor returns,
non-controlled, and damaged salvage returns. Facilitates excess
inventory returns or interstore pharmacy transfers where applicable
for non-returnable ABC overstock. Verifies posting of all pharmacy/
- Completes execution of all pricing activities including price
changes, markdowns, and markdowns deletes. Responsible for basic
department pricing, including daily price changes, accurate pricing
with correct signage, and reliable and timely completion of any
additional regulatory pricing tasks.
- Responsible for supporting front end and pharmacy ordering by
ordering expense items. Monitors pharmacy manual orders to identify
excess orders. Maintains consigned inventory and orders as
- Ensures all designated pull & quarantine item on-hands are
updated and placed in the designated holding area.
- Maintains accurate inventory counts. Maintains the accuracy of
on-hand quantities including but not limited to basic departments,
stockroom, overstock locations.
- Under the supervision of the pharmacist-in-charge, maintains
accurate inventory counts and accuracy of on-hand quantities in
pharmacy and completes pharmacy smart counts.
- Ensures the store maintains inventory compliance with state and
local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages
and tobacco products).
- Assists in the maintenance of inventory records, including
receiving and posting of all products (in the front-end)) received
at the store in all inventory systems. Organizes files and retains
all invoices/receipts/return authorizations necessary for all
- Helps to prepare for physical inventory and supports the
physical inventory day activities, including but not limited to
preparing sales floor, stockroom, and pharmacy for inventory and
auditing the third party team on the day of inventory.
- Supports keeping all counters and shelves clean and well
- Knowledgeable of all store systems and equipment.
- Assists and coaches store team on all package delivery
activities, including scanning in and out of packages, completing
all daily inventory functions and, package returns at Walgreens.
Supports execution of Pickup Program.
- In designated stores, when serving as the leader on duty,
responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on
assigned point-of-sale system (POS), including records of scanning
errors, price verifications, items not on file, price
modifications, and voids. Completes product returns, order voids,
customer refunds, cash drops to safe, and provides change as
requested for point of sale.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes any additional activities and other tasks as
assigned.Training & Personal Development
- Attends company-based trainings for continuous development and
completes all e-learning modules including safety training
- Obtains and maintains a valid pharmacy license/certification as
required by the state.Communications
- Serves as a liaison between management and non-management team
members by coaching and developing other capabilities with
inventory systems. When serving as the leader on duty, communicates
assigned tasks to team members and reports disciplinary issues and
customer complaints to management.
Keywords: Walgreens, Mesa , Inventory Specialist, Professions , Roosevelt, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!