Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Mesa, AZ, USA
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the
boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and
cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start
contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing
real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take
pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to
grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With
our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right
opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman has an exciting opening for a Principal Supply
Chain Subcontract Specialist to join our team in Mesa, Arizona.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Sources and procures specialized goods and services.
- Owns contractual management for the supplier.
- Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as
contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning,
operations, program and end-users.
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms
and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials,
equipment, and/or services.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes
and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects
or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and
monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier
ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve
efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with
all public law requirements as well as company (and business)
policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier
performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to
logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper
receipt is recorded.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to
drive quality, efficiency, and continuous improvement. Minimum
- This position emphasizes skills first.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or related field of study
plus 6 years of experience, or, master's degree plus 4 years of
- In the absence of a bachelor's degree, 10 years of experience
in Supply Chain, Procurement, or relevant field may be considered.
- FAR/DFAR Experience
- High value subcontract management experience
- Costpoint knowledge a plus Salary Range: $74,600 USD - $111,800
USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition
to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Mesa , Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist, Professions , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!